Indians top Dubai property buyers' list
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
Indians have topped the list of first-time property buyers in Dubai in 2011, having bought properties worth 2.1 billion dirhams (Rs 292 crore), Dubai Land Department data has revealed.
Mutual Funds Check for top funds
"The Indians topped the list of new investors in Dubai properties and conducted 927 transactions worth 2.1 billion dirhams. This represents 16 per cent of the overall value of transactions carried out by new investors," the department said.
While it did not mention the nationality of the second largest investors, the department said the UAE nationals came third, having invested 1.575 billion dirhams (Rs 219 crore).
According to the department, the `new¿ money flowing into the Dubai property market last year totalled 13.13 billion dirhams (Rs 1,825 crore).
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance