Indians top Dubai property buyers' list
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
Indians have topped the list of first-time property buyers in Dubai in 2011, having bought properties worth 2.1 billion dirhams (Rs 292 crore), Dubai Land Department data has revealed.
Mutual Funds Check for top funds
"The Indians topped the list of new investors in Dubai properties and conducted 927 transactions worth 2.1 billion dirhams. This represents 16 per cent of the overall value of transactions carried out by new investors," the department said.
While it did not mention the nationality of the second largest investors, the department said the UAE nationals came third, having invested 1.575 billion dirhams (Rs 219 crore).
According to the department, the `new¿ money flowing into the Dubai property market last year totalled 13.13 billion dirhams (Rs 1,825 crore).