India's campaign ends at Tashkent ATP Challenger
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS; Lok Sabha elections battle between two completely different ideologies, says Sonia Gandhi
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Elections 2014 Live: FIR filed against Hema Malini, Pawar campaigns for daughter Supriya
India's campaign ended at the USD 125000 Tashkent ATP Challenger today after Davis Cuppers, Yuki Bhambri, Vishnu Vardhan and Sanam Singh got beaten in their respective first round matches here.
In the first round matches of the main draw, eighth seeded Karol Beck of Slovakia scored a comfortable 6-1 6-3 win over Yuki, while Russia's Igor Kunitsyn beat Vishnu 6-3 6-4, and in a battle of qualifiers, Oleksandr Nedovyesov outplayed Sanam 6-0 6-4 here at the Olympic Tennis School.
India's lone pair in the doubles event, Yuki and Divij also went down fighting to third seeded German pair of Andre Begemann and Martin Emmrich in the first round.
The German pair won 6-4 6-4, ending India's challenge at the event.
Meanwhile, in the first upset, local wild card Farrukh Dustov beat sixth seeded Vasek Pospisil of Canada 6-2 3-6 6-3 to enter the last sixteen stage.
Results (1st round singles): Lukas Lacko (SVK) b Ivan Sergeev (UKR) 6-2 6-3, Flavio Cipolla (ITA) b Sergey Shipilov (UZB) 6-1 4-6 6-0, Karol Beck (SVK) b Yuki Bhambri (IND) 6-1 6-3, Ivan Dodig (CRO) b Ivo Minar (CZE) 6-2 6-4, Dmitry Tursunov (RUS) b Daniel Munoz - - De La Nava(ESP) 6-3 4-2 retd, Dudi Sela (ISR) b Konstantin Kravchuk (RUS) 7-5 6-0, Igor Kunitsyn (RUS) b Vishnu Vardhan (IND) 6-3 6-4, Adrian Menendez - - Maceiras (ESP)b Denys Molchanov (UKR) 6-4 6-1, Farrukh Dustov (UZB) b Vasek Pospisil (CAN) 6-2 3-6 6-3, Amir Weintraub (ISR) b Brudan Klein (AUS) 6-4 4-6 7-5, Oleksander Nedovyesov (UKR) b Sanam Singh (IND) 6-0 6-4.
Doubles (1st round): Uladzimir Ignatik (BLR)/ Denys Molchanov(UKR) b Sanchai/ Sonchat Ratiwatana (THA) 6-1 6-3, Andre Begemann (GER)/ Martin Emmrich(GER) b Yuki Bhambri(IND)/ Divij Sharan(IND) 6-4 6-4.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit