India's first quad-core smartphone set for launch
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
The Indian market is expected to see launch of the first quad-core smartphone in first week of February by Karbonn Mobiles.
"The product (Smart Titanium 1- quad-core smartphone) will be available across the Indian market by first week of February 2013," Karbonn Mobiles' Executive Director Shashin Devsare said.
The company has started pre-booking of the phone which is built on Google' Android platform and priced at Rs 10,990.
Most of the mobile phones currently have single processing unit or single chipset which is responsible for speed of phone's functions.
There are over 50 mobile phones model in the country that have double chipsets also known as dual-core processor but Smart Titanium 1 is expected to be the first quad-core smartphone when launched in the country.
Karbonn has sourced the chipset with 1.2 Ghz processing speed from US based Qualcomm. It has dual camera, supports 3G and wi-fi connectivity, GPS, expandable memory up to 32 GB among other features as per details disclosed by the company.