India's IIP (index of industrial production) slump likely over, growth up in Dec: Economists
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: Jadeja double spells trouble for RR against CSK
So since late last year the government has been introducing a slew of reforms to support the slowing economy, including cutting fuel subsidies, hiking rail passenger fares and opening the retail sector to foreign investors.
Still, investments have shown little sign of increasing. Capital goods production, a measure of investments in factories, shrank 4.7 percent in November, having grown just once in the eight months until then.
In its own bid to revive the flagging economy, the Reserve Bank of India cut the key repo rate for the first time in nine months, by 25 basis points to 7.75 percent in January, but warned there was limited room for further easing.