Indica hits women employees crossing road near SEEPZ, 2 killed
- Raja 'misled' Manmohan Singh on policy matters: CBI to court
- RSS raises Ambedkar vs Mother Teresa row
- From Maldives, road to Islamic State goes via drugs, gangs and jail
- In a first, Indian military contingent to march at Moscow’s Red Square
- Maharashtra by-poll: Shiv Sena set to retain Bandra (E), NCP wins Tasgaon
Investigating officer Tejasveeni Pachpute said, "Anupriya has a forehead injury, while both legs of Sneha are hurt."
Victim Manju Prabhakaran said: "Sangeeta and Rekha, who were walking ahead, were suddenly hit by the car. A split second later, the car crashed into us throwing us to the side of the road."
More said: "There were no tyre tracks on the road which means the driver did not attempt to apply breaks to save the women. However, RTO will inspect the vehicle to find out if there was a technical fault."
Sangeeta's mother Laxmi said, "My daughter would walk to office daily. I can't believe she is no more. Her father works in the house-keeping department of the same company."