Indica hits women employees crossing road near SEEPZ, 2 killed
- Coal scam: SC stays summons for Ex-PM Manmohan Singh, P C Parakh, K M Birla
- Leave Delhi: That’s what doctors are prescribing to patients with serious respiratory ailments
- Poster girl of India's tobacco battle Sunita Tomar dies
- Re-promulgation of land ordinance with 9 changes gets Cabinet nod
- Panic spreads as more rain forecast for Valley today
Investigating officer Tejasveeni Pachpute said, "Anupriya has a forehead injury, while both legs of Sneha are hurt."
Victim Manju Prabhakaran said: "Sangeeta and Rekha, who were walking ahead, were suddenly hit by the car. A split second later, the car crashed into us throwing us to the side of the road."
More said: "There were no tyre tracks on the road which means the driver did not attempt to apply breaks to save the women. However, RTO will inspect the vehicle to find out if there was a technical fault."
Sangeeta's mother Laxmi said, "My daughter would walk to office daily. I can't believe she is no more. Her father works in the house-keeping department of the same company."