IndiGo set to fly to Goa Mumbai, Ahmedabad, from September 10
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
IndiGo Airlines today announced the launch of two flights from Chandigarh to Mumbai. The daily flights that will begin from September 10 will be linked to Ahmedabad and Goa via Mumbai.
Making the announcement, airline president Aditya Ghosh said they were the first ones to introduce a flight to Mumbai from the Chandigarh Airport, and were expecting 80 to 90 per cent occupancy for the flights.
He added flights to Bangalore, Delhi and Srinagar from Chandigarh were in the pipeline. These are likely to commence operations as the winter schedule comes into force at the Chandigarh Airport.
The morning flight to Mumbai will depart at 10.15 am and reach its destination at 12.30 pm. The flight will then reach the Goa Airport at 2.45 pm. Meanwhile, the evening flight to Mumbai from Chandigarh will depart at 7.35 pm and arrive in Mumbai at 9.35 pm. The flight will fly to Ahmedabad and reach its destination at 11.20 pm.
The airline claims that they will provide facility for quick check-in facility through queue busters that are hand held check-in devices for printing boarding passes. Ghosh said, "A variety of food items will be served on the flight. The lowest one-way fare will range between Rs 4,504 and Rs 5,029.
He added that there were no plans to start international flights from the city, as passenger traffic from here to foreign destinations was not very high.