Indira assassin ‘great martyr’: Vedanti
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Akal Takht Jathedar Giani Joginder Singh Vedanti on Sunday hailed Satwant Singh, the assassin of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, as a "great martyr of the Panth" for taking revenge for Operation Bluestar. Vedanti who presided over the Akhand Path ceremony, marking the death anniversary of Satwant, said Sikhs should not forget "martyrs" like Satwant who stood for the honour and the respect of the community and "punished" those who tried to itigate the Sikhs. The highest temporal seat of the Sikhs had declared Satwant, who was hanged for the assassination, a martyr many years ago.