Indira peace prize for Ela Bhatt
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
Social activist Ela Bhatt was on Saturday selected for the prestigious Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2011 for her sustained work towards empowering women. An international jury headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh selected Bhatt for the award constituted by the Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust.
Bhatt is the founder of the advocacy group, Self-Employed Women's Association (SEWA).