Indore man kept wifeís private parts locked for four years
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RR vs SRH: RR struggle in modest chase against SRH
A mechanic has been arrested in Indore for reportedly keeping his wife's genitals locked for four years. The incident only came to light when the victim tried to commit suicide yesterday and was rushed to hospital.
Even then, Sohanlal Chouhan, 38, tried to justify his action by saying several women in his family had "strayed" in the past.
His wife, Sitabai, 35, told the police that in early 2008, Chouhan had drilled holes on either side of her genitals after drugging her.
Before leaving for work, Chouhan would insert a small lock in the holes, keeping the keys under his socks. Police have seized two sets of locks and keys apart from a needle reportedly used to make the holes.
"The nurses confirmed the existence of a small lock. It was only after the husband's arrest that the lock could be opened," said head constable Chhaganlal of Sanyogitaganj police station.
Sitabai, who married Chouhan when she was just 16 years old, has also alleged that Chouhan often misbehaved with their eldest daughter.
The police have booked Sohanlal for cruelty and voluntarily causing grievous hurt.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer