Indore man kept wife’s private parts locked for four years
- Espionage racket with ISI links busted in Jammu, Kolkata; BSF jawan among five arrested
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to attend UN climate summit
- Nepal releases 13 SSB personnel after brief detention
- Turkey to hand over body of dead Russian pilot to Moscow: PM
- Bhushan challenges Kejriwal for public debate on Lokpal Bill
A mechanic has been arrested in Indore for reportedly keeping his wife's genitals locked for four years. The incident only came to light when the victim tried to commit suicide yesterday and was rushed to hospital.
Even then, Sohanlal Chouhan, 38, tried to justify his action by saying several women in his family had "strayed" in the past.
His wife, Sitabai, 35, told the police that in early 2008, Chouhan had drilled holes on either side of her genitals after drugging her.
Before leaving for work, Chouhan would insert a small lock in the holes, keeping the keys under his socks. Police have seized two sets of locks and keys apart from a needle reportedly used to make the holes.
"The nurses confirmed the existence of a small lock. It was only after the husband's arrest that the lock could be opened," said head constable Chhaganlal of Sanyogitaganj police station.
Sitabai, who married Chouhan when she was just 16 years old, has also alleged that Chouhan often misbehaved with their eldest daughter.
The police have booked Sohanlal for cruelty and voluntarily causing grievous hurt.