Indore to host India's next Davis Cup tie
- Pravin Togadia under fire over hate-speech, RSS says comments fabricated
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP blocked Telangana Bill in Parliament, says Rahul Gandhi
India will take on Chinese Taipei in their next Davis Cup tie in Indore as Madhya Pradesh Tennis Association (MPTA) has been given the hosting rights for the first time by AITA.
The Asia/Oceania Group I tie will be held from January 31 to February 2 on the hard courts.
"All India Tennis Association (AITA) has decided that the Davis Cup Tie between India and Chinese Taipei will be held at Indore under and aegis of Madhya Pradesh Tennis Association," an AITA release said.
AITA has appointed Anand Amritraj as the new Davis Cup captain in place of S P Misra.
Anil Dhupar, who is AITA selection committee chairman and also Secretary of MPTA, expressed happiness on getting the opportunity to host the tie.
"It will be a great honour for Madhya Pradesh to host a Davis Cup for the first time in its history. MP Tennis Association is one of the very few state Associations which has its own tennis complex consisting of six synthetic flood courts, gym, swimming pool and medical facilities," Dhupar was quoted as saying in the release.
"MPTA is creating facilities for 3000 tennis fans to witness the Davis Cup and is confident that the house will be full for the Davis Cup tie," Dhupar said.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota