Indo-Swiss training centre marks 50 years
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
The Indo Swiss Training Center Old Students' Association (ISTCOSA) on Thursday announced a year-long celebration to mark the successful completion of 50 years of the organisation. The first student who was enrolled in the institution ever announced the celebrations.
The celebrations will be flagged off by the Union Minister for railways, Pawan Kumar Bansal on December 22, 2012. ISTCOSA are expecting a foot fall of nearly 800 alumni who will be attending the commencement to the year long celebrations on Saturday followed by cultural programms.
Naveen Chand Hira, Central Scientific Instruments Organization's (CSIOs) first student said, "I still remember my roll number, 6301. I was the first student of the first batch and whatever we are, we owe it to the institute".
The entire year will have several events like an exhibition by the entrepreneurs. "40 to 50 stalls will be set up with the latest technologies which will introduce new innovations to the students who are presently studying in CSIO", said Naveen Chand Hira.
He alumnus present there counted numerous alumni who have been very successful not only as technicians but as entrepreneurs They specifically mentioned Harpal Singh who had recently hit headlines for building a ten storey building in 48 hours.
"It is the training that we get from our college that reflects in our work. 27 hours of practical training shows in when a person who is a pass-out of CSIO goes in the field", said an alumnus.
The flag off of the golden jubilee celebration year will have a nostalgic start where six ex-directors have been invited to be felicitated and sharing of experiences. The celebration will start at 11 am with formal lectures which followed by lunch, cultural program and dinner.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today