Indraprastha Gas hikes CNG prices in Delhi to Rs 39.90
- One year of AAP sarkar: Kejriwal announces cleaner water, better healthcare facilities
- JNU row: Meet the family of Kanhaiya who is a ‘danger to Mother India’
- Great as FM, reforms stopped after Manmohan Singh became PM: Jaitley
- Dial Kejriwal: Delhi Cabinet to take your calls today, 11 am onwards
- Sunanda Pushkar death probe: Tharoor questioned by Delhi Police for 5 hours
CNG price in national capital was today hiked by Rs 1.55 per kg to Rs 39.90 due to higher input cost.
Indraprastha Gas Ltd said the selling price of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) in Delhi, Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad is being raised with effect from midnight tonight due to increased input gas price and related taxes.
"The 4 per cent revision in CNG price would result in increase of Rs 1.55 per kg in the consumer price of CNG in Delhi and Rs 1.80 per kg in the consumer price of CNG in Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad," the company said in a statement here.
The new consumer price of Rs. 39.90 per kg in Delhi and Rs 45.10 per kg in Noida, Greater Noida & Ghaziabad would be effective from midnight tonight.
Explaining the reasons leading to the revision in the price of CNG, an IGL spokesperson said, "We are constrained to revise the retail price of CNG primarily due to increase in the overall input cost of natural gas being sourced by us as a result of increased dependence as well as recent increase in the prices of imported R-LNG".
IGL said the increase would have minor impact on the per km running cost of vehicles.
For autos, the increase would be 4 paisa per km, for taxi it would be 7 paisa per km and in case of buses, the increase would be 45 paisa per km, which translates to less than one paisa per passenger-km.