Induction of Brahmos Air version, C-17 aircraft next year
- Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention in Gujarat over no permission for road show
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
On shortage of manpower, he said the force was short of 700 pilots, which would be filled by 2017, as constraints for training was creating problems to increase the strength.
To a question on accidents, he said on an average there were 11 to 12 accidents in the last three years. However, during this year (April-December) only three were reported, indicating that the Force was taking adequate steps to ensure safe running of aircraft, with advanced technology.
On whether there was tension in the area bordering China, Browne said "we examine continuously everything happening on the border.There is no no cause for concern."