Industrial output data begins countdown to RBI monetary policy review
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress moves EC over Modi's roadshow in Varanasi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: 40 per cent electorate caste vote in first seven hours
India will release November factory output on January 10, the first important data ahead of the Reserve Bank of India's monetary policy review on January 28.
Industrial output data, IIP, will be followed by the more important December consumer and wholesale inflation data in the week starting Monday, January 13, amid widespread expectations food prices have substantially eased last month.
Although the RBI surprised investors by keeping interest rates on hold last month, after 25 bps hikes each in September and October, inflation is expected to hold the key to its future action.
The rupee has started the year on a weak note, being hostage to global dollar strength and will look at global cues, including China GDP and Fed minutes for additional cues.
For debt markets, cash is expected to remain comfortable with the overnight rate near the central bank's repo rate.
A key report on the monetary policy framework in India is also awaited.
The report is expected to signal into which inflation indicator should be the focus of the monetary policy, the objectives for the central bank, and its liquidity management, among other factors.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling