Industrialists tender apology, meet income tax commissioner
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
A day after accusing the additional commissioner, income tax, of harassment and pressure tactics, representatives of various unions on Thursday went to the I-T office to apologise.
On Wednesday, the industrialists had levelled allegations of blackmailing and harassing them in the name of conducting income tax surveys.
Taking a U-turn on Thursday, they first met I-T commissioner C S Brar and later income tax commissioner Kuldeep Singh.