Industry delegation to meet PM
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A delegation representing various industries will meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Wednesday at New Delhi along with Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and his deputy Sukhbir Singh Badal to demand an industry package for Punjab industry.
MC auctions 14 SCOs for Rs 24 crore
Ludhiana: The Ludhiana Municipal Corporation auctioned off 14 Shop-Cum-Office (SCOs) out of a total 16 SCOs near Hotel Keys on Tuesday. Newly appointed zonal commissioner of zone D, Isha Kalia supervised the auction in which 29 people took part. Each SCO measured 100 sq yard and the maximum price that was fetched for an SCO was Rs 1.90 lakh per sq yard. The reserve price for each SCO was kept at Rs 1.50 lakh per sq yard. The minimum price that was fetched for an SCO was Rs 1.80 lah per sq yard. Assistant Town Planner (ATP) Surinder Bindra said: "Two SCOs could not be sold as the MC did not get the appropriate rate for them."