Industry group finally meets CM, talks power
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
After trying for over a month, a delegation of Indian Industries Association (IIA) on Friday got an appointment with Akhilesh Yadav to discuss the issue of "steep" power tariff hike for industries in the state.
A statement from the IIA said that as per the directions of the CM, the delegation later had a discussion on the issue with infrastructure and industrial development commissioner (IIDC) and principal secretary, power, Anil Kumar Gupta.
It was decided that the IIA may request the CM for issuing directions to withhold the announcement of hike in electricity duty rates till the announcement of next power tariff hike. The IIDC also assured the delegation that the power tariff rates for industries will not be increased in the next tariff revision.