Industry group finally meets CM, talks power
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
After trying for over a month, a delegation of Indian Industries Association (IIA) on Friday got an appointment with Akhilesh Yadav to discuss the issue of "steep" power tariff hike for industries in the state.
A statement from the IIA said that as per the directions of the CM, the delegation later had a discussion on the issue with infrastructure and industrial development commissioner (IIDC) and principal secretary, power, Anil Kumar Gupta.
It was decided that the IIA may request the CM for issuing directions to withhold the announcement of hike in electricity duty rates till the announcement of next power tariff hike. The IIDC also assured the delegation that the power tariff rates for industries will not be increased in the next tariff revision.