Industry objects to VAT form, asks govt to give more time
- Independence Day Narendra Modi speech LIVE: PM addresses price rise to progress
- Narendra Modi speech Independence Day 2016: Transparency seems to be highlight, says processes simplified
- CRPF officer killed as militants attack police station in Srinagar
- Rio Olympics 2016: Dipa Karmakar's Produnova does India proud
- Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech packs a few subtle hints after the hard messages
Various industrial associations have raised objections to the new VAT form which is being introduced by the state Excise and Taxation Department for filing quarterly returns.
The Punjab Tax Bar Association maintains it should be introduced from April 1, 2013. The members said they had met new excise and taxation commissioner Anurag Verma and apprised him of the confusion about the VAT form on pages 15,18,19, 23 and 24.
Ashok Juneja, president of Punjab Tax Bar Association, said, "It is very difficult to file returns as per the new format. By January 31, the form has to be implemented but the industrialists are urging the department to extend its date of implementation to April 1."
Juneja added that they had received representations from various district tax bar associations in this regard.
A few days back, members of the Punjab Pradesh Beopar Mandal had also met Verma and discussed the issue with him.
B R Kaushal, secretary general of the association, said that the proposed form should be simplified.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages