Infatuated student's threat to classmate: Will meet same fate as Delhi gangrape victim if spurned
- 3.5 lakh well-off people have given up subsidised LPGs: PM Narendra Modi
- Meghalaya CM compares Rahul Gandhi to Alfred the Great, king who returned to conquer
- Naxals kill 7 of elite force in Sukma
- Across the Aisle: Land acquisition - Nine steps to nirvana
- India's Sons: What does it mean to be a man in India?
A student of the Allahabad University allegedly sent an e-mail to a classmate he was infatuated with, threatening her that she will meet "the same fate as the victim of the Delhi gangrape" if she spurned his advances, a varsity official on Saturday said.
Chairperson of the University's Women's Advisory Board Ranjana Kakkar said a girl student approached her with a complaint about the offensive e-mail she had received a few days ago.
"Needless to say, we are all shocked at the depravity that seems to have permeated among those privileged to have good education," Kakkar said, adding the identity of both students would not be revealed.
The girl in her complaint alleged that a classmate threatened her in the e-mail that she would "meet the same fate as the victim of the Delhi gangrape" if she spurned his advances.
"We are mulling over meting out a punishment to the boy that sets an example and deters others from behaving with their female classmates in an improper manner," she said, adding that the boy student would be given a chance to "redeem" himself.