Infatuated student's threat to classmate: Will meet same fate as Delhi gangrape victim if spurned
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
A student of the Allahabad University allegedly sent an e-mail to a classmate he was infatuated with, threatening her that she will meet "the same fate as the victim of the Delhi gangrape" if she spurned his advances, a varsity official on Saturday said.
Chairperson of the University's Women's Advisory Board Ranjana Kakkar said a girl student approached her with a complaint about the offensive e-mail she had received a few days ago.
"Needless to say, we are all shocked at the depravity that seems to have permeated among those privileged to have good education," Kakkar said, adding the identity of both students would not be revealed.
The girl in her complaint alleged that a classmate threatened her in the e-mail that she would "meet the same fate as the victim of the Delhi gangrape" if she spurned his advances.