Inflammatory ads linking Islam to terrorism go up in New York subways
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
Hundreds of inflammatory advertisements linking Islam to terrorism have been posted in the New York subways, according to a report.
The ads depicted an image of the Twin Towers in flames with a quote, attributed to the Koran, "Soon shall we cast terror into the hearts of the unbelievers."
According to the New York Daily, the pro-Israel American Freedom Defense Initiative paid 77,000 dollars for the message to be placed on 240 clocks throughout the subway system.
The MTA last year rejected a similarly provocative advertisement from the group, citing an authority guideline against content demeaning to any particular religious or cultural group, the report said.
The ads read, "in any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man. Support Israel. Defeat jihad."