Inflammatory ads linking Islam to terrorism go up in New York subways
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
Hundreds of inflammatory advertisements linking Islam to terrorism have been posted in the New York subways, according to a report.
The ads depicted an image of the Twin Towers in flames with a quote, attributed to the Koran, "Soon shall we cast terror into the hearts of the unbelievers."
According to the New York Daily, the pro-Israel American Freedom Defense Initiative paid 77,000 dollars for the message to be placed on 240 clocks throughout the subway system.
The MTA last year rejected a similarly provocative advertisement from the group, citing an authority guideline against content demeaning to any particular religious or cultural group, the report said.
The ads read, "in any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man. Support Israel. Defeat jihad."