Infosys kicks off earnings season
- Rein in non-state actors to have peace, friendship with India: Mufti to Pak
- 27 years after Hashimpura, 4 who survived watch 16 cops walk free
- Government departments seek more space, dial ISRO to innovate
- Sonia gave free hand to decide on CBI probe: Karnataka CM on IAS officer’s death
- Bihar Cheating: ‘Happened last year too, no one noticed’
Investors are bracing for October-December earnings results, as they look for signs of how much a slowdown in economic growth is impacting corporate profits.
As is customary, Infosys Ltd will unofficially kick off results from blue-chips when it reports earnings on Jan. 10.
Caution is also expected to prevail ahead of key economic indicators, including industrial output on Jan. 10, which tends to impact capital good shares.
Factory data will be followed by wholesale and consumer inflation later in the month, which will help determine whether the central bank raises interest rates at its policy review on Jan. 28.
Global cues will also be important, with China posting GDP, the United States posting monthly employment data, and the Bank of England and European Central Bank holding policy meetings.