Infosys kicks off earnings season
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
Investors are bracing for October-December earnings results, as they look for signs of how much a slowdown in economic growth is impacting corporate profits.
As is customary, Infosys Ltd will unofficially kick off results from blue-chips when it reports earnings on Jan. 10.
Caution is also expected to prevail ahead of key economic indicators, including industrial output on Jan. 10, which tends to impact capital good shares.
Factory data will be followed by wholesale and consumer inflation later in the month, which will help determine whether the central bank raises interest rates at its policy review on Jan. 28.
Global cues will also be important, with China posting GDP, the United States posting monthly employment data, and the Bank of England and European Central Bank holding policy meetings.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress