Infosys may hire 16,000 from campuses next year: Narayana Murthy
Infosys Technologies may hire up to 16,000 campus recruits next year, chairman NR Narayana Murthy has said. "The fresher hiring process is underway and I think we are looking at hiring about 15,000-16,000 next year," Murthy said in response to a question on Infosys' fresher hiring plans. However, Murthy did not give overall hiring targets for the next fiscal.
Murthy delivered a lecture to students of the Vivekanand Education Society and spoke to the press post the event. In October, Infosys tightened its guidance for the financial year ending March 2014. Infosys founder Narayana Murthy returned in June after Infosys lost its bellwether status to competitors post a series of disappointing results and delayed hiring. Recently, Infosys' rival TCS said it plans to hire around 25,000 fresh engineering graduates through campus placements next fiscal.
- Nilekani squandered national resources to US firm: Swamy
- Autonomy: CBI chief says don’t view our demand with suspicion
- I want to stop poverty, they want to stop me: Modi
- Kanda gives Hooda’s road show a miss, to form party
- Air Force sends flight data recorder to US for analysis
- 41 letters in 3 yrs fail to move NHAI as accidents continue