Injured Umesh out till Australia series?
- Babri Masjid demolition case: SC issues notices to Advani, other BJP leaders over conspiracy charges
- Seven years ago, everyone saw Delhi’s air take a deadly U-turn but no one did a thing
- LIVE: 16 dead as floods ravage parts of Jammu and Kashmir
- Take this, Congress: NDA plans a memorial for Narasimha Rao
- Punjab panel books Muslims, Christians with ‘fake’ SC papers
Umesh Yadav, who is nursing a back injury, is set to miss the fourth Test match against England as well to be played in Nagpur from December 13. In fact, sources in the Indian cricket board say that he might be out for at least a month. The pacer, after bowling brilliantly at Motera, was ruled out of the Mumbai and Kolkata matches due to the injury. Post the Ahmedabad Test, Yadav consulted a specialist, who advised him a 10-day rest.
Yadav reported at the NCA where, after a few days of rehab, he again consulted physios, who suggested more rest. "He is yet to recover fully and it will take more time for Yadav to play for national side. There is no point in rushing him back into the team," a top BCCI official told The Sunday Express.
Which means Yadav will miss the two T20 games against England, and his participation for the limited overs series against Pakistan is also in doubt. In fact, the source suggested Umesh wouldn't be back for national duty before Australia's tour of India in February.