Innocent docs were also trapped: Akhilesh
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
Under the Ashirwad Bal Swasthya Guarantee Yojna, the health department would conduct medical check-up of all children in the 2-18 age group, provide them medical treatment and bear the treatment cost if they are referred to tertiary hospitals. Initially, children of only government schools will be covered.
Akhilesh handed over health cards to several students. UP is the first state to implement the scheme under NRHM.
Sachan case: Court order on petition against CBI report on Feb 11
Lucknow: A special CBI court will on February 11 pass its order on the petition filed by wife of Deputy Chief Medical Officer Y S Sachan challenging the CBI's closure report in the alleged murder of her husband. Special judicial magistrate (CBI) Neelkant Mani Tripathi fixed the date after the CBI counsel and the lawyer of Malti Sachan, wife of Dr Sachan, concluded their arguments in the court. The CBI, in its 120-page closure report, said during the probe no evidence has come on record indicating death of Sachan to be a case of homicide.