INS Shivaji bicycle expedition to return today
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A 10-member bicycle expedition from Lonavla to Shrivardhan, flagged off in the run-up to the Navy Day from INS Shivaji will return to the base on Friday.
The expedition will cover approximately 380 km as part of the Navy Week 2012 events at INS Shivaji.
The cycling team is led by Lt Cdr Prashanth Gangatirkar and the team intends to cover Khopoli, Penn, Pali, Kolad, Phansad Bird Sanctuary, Shrivardhan, Murud, Janjira and Alibaug. The aim of the expedition is to make create awareness among people in the coastal belt of Maharashtra about the Indian Navy and also gain knowledge on the environment en route.
Other events being conducted at INS Shivaji as part of the Navy Week include Lonavla run, base open for visitors, band concert, free dental camp and blood donation camp between November 26 and December 8. The Navy Day will be celebrated on December 4.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid