INS Shivaji bicycle expedition to return today
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
A 10-member bicycle expedition from Lonavla to Shrivardhan, flagged off in the run-up to the Navy Day from INS Shivaji will return to the base on Friday.
The expedition will cover approximately 380 km as part of the Navy Week 2012 events at INS Shivaji.
The cycling team is led by Lt Cdr Prashanth Gangatirkar and the team intends to cover Khopoli, Penn, Pali, Kolad, Phansad Bird Sanctuary, Shrivardhan, Murud, Janjira and Alibaug. The aim of the expedition is to make create awareness among people in the coastal belt of Maharashtra about the Indian Navy and also gain knowledge on the environment en route.
Other events being conducted at INS Shivaji as part of the Navy Week include Lonavla run, base open for visitors, band concert, free dental camp and blood donation camp between November 26 and December 8. The Navy Day will be celebrated on December 4.