INS Shivaji bicycle expedition to return today
- Independence Day Narendra Modi speech LIVE: PM addresses price rise to progress
- Narendra Modi speech Independence Day 2016: Transparency seems to be highlight, says processes simplified
- CRPF officer killed as militants attack police station in Srinagar
- Rio Olympics 2016: Dipa Karmakar's Produnova does India proud
- Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech packs a few subtle hints after the hard messages
A 10-member bicycle expedition from Lonavla to Shrivardhan, flagged off in the run-up to the Navy Day from INS Shivaji will return to the base on Friday.
The expedition will cover approximately 380 km as part of the Navy Week 2012 events at INS Shivaji.
The cycling team is led by Lt Cdr Prashanth Gangatirkar and the team intends to cover Khopoli, Penn, Pali, Kolad, Phansad Bird Sanctuary, Shrivardhan, Murud, Janjira and Alibaug. The aim of the expedition is to make create awareness among people in the coastal belt of Maharashtra about the Indian Navy and also gain knowledge on the environment en route.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages