INS Vikramaditya reaches Indian territory, enters Arabian sea
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya has arrived in the Indian Navy's Area of Responsibility and commenced integration with the Western Fleet.
The ship has transited non-stop for over 8000 nm without entering any port enroute.
Vikramaditya was inducted into the Indian Navy in November last year, ending nine years' of wait.
At present, the Navy's two aircraft carriers - INS Vikramaditya and INS Viraat are operating together at sea along with the Western Fleet.
The aircraft carrier is not having any air defence systems on board to protect itself from aerial attacks while coming home from Russia and the Navy has sent warships to escort it safely.
To provide it protection from aerial attacks, the Navy had chosen the controversial Barak missiles, which will be integrated with the aircraft only after it reaches India.