Insider trading case: Sebi slaps Rs 11 crore fine on RIL firm
- LIVE: Lok Sabha passes Telangana Bill, Jagan calls for bandh across Andhra Pradesh
- Your ministers used to throw dust, now they're using pepper spray to fool people: Modi to Cong
- Rajiv Gandhi's killers get relief, Supreme Court commutes death penalty to life
- Seven Naxals killed in police encounter in Gadchiroli
- Interim Budget 2014: Economy headache for next government
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has fined Reliance Industries group entity Reliance Petroinvestments (RPIL) Rs 11 crore for violating insider trading norms in the shares of erstwhile IPCL before its merger with RIL.
"It may be concluded that by virtue of RPIL having control over IPCL, it was reasonably expected to have access to unpublished price sensitive information of IPCL. RPIL being the promoter having control over the company holding 46 per cent shares of IPCL is inherently expected to have access to price sensitive information. The company being in such a position it is unacceptable that it was not aware of such major/ important decisions of the company IPCL," the Sebi order said.
Share price of IPCL on March 5, 2007, declined by 8.13 per cent on the BSE when the Sensex declined by 3.79 per cent. However, in a divergence from the index, the scrip witnessed substantial price gain on March 8, 2007, and March 9, 2007, subsequent to the announcement of amalgamation of IPCL with Reliance Industries.
The findings of the investigation led to the allegation that RPIL was in the possession of unpublished price sensitive information while trading in the scrip of IPCL prior to announcement of declaration of interim dividend and amalgamation of IPCL with Reliance Industries which resulted in violation of regulation 3 of SEBI (Prohibition of Insider Trading) Regulations, 1992.
- ‘Job target now hinges on manufacturing’
- Murder of Sahu siblings: Court says convict to be in jail for ‘the rest of his life’
- Inauguration drama: Amid BJP’s boos and barbs, mayor stars in second act
- Police’s grievance cell flooded with complaints from cops, 15 in past year
- NDA lodges FIR after cadet goes missing, he returns to tell cops he missed family
- Allow us to install gates at Narmada dam, you take credit: Modi to Centre