Inspector Anokh Singh gets show-cause notice, probe on
- Submarine mishaps: Navy had raised alarm with PMO, Defence Ministry
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy sent to police custody till March 4
- Petrol price hiked by 60 paise per litre, diesel by 50 paise
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- IPL betting probe: Senior Tamil Nadu cop suspended for violation of 'conduct rules'
A "whistle-Blower" UT Police Inspector whose complaint to the CBI led to the arrest of the SP (City) in an alleged graft case, now finds himself in the dock for allegedly trying to "allure" a DSP dealing with the purchase of targets for shooting ranges.
Days after Inspector Anokh Singh's complaint helped the CBI arrest SP (City) Desh Raj in the graft case, DSP (Lines) Suman Kumar reported to the UT Police top brass that on October 29 last year Inspector Anokh Singh told him over that phone that since he was "going to purchase targets for shooting ranges", Anokh Singh, who knew one of the parties in contention, could ask them to meet Kumar for the favour.
"On hearing this, the DSP (Lines) told him that he does not entertain such requests nor appreciates such calls. Moreover, the purchase, if any, would be made as per procedure and by the competent authority in the Engineering Department," stated the show cause notice issued to Anokh Singh by Senior Superintendent of Police Naunihal Singh.
Calling it an "allurement for a possible frame-up", the notice asked Anokh Singh as to why a departmental inquiry should not be initiated against him as this act was tantamount to "grave misconduct, negligence and dereliction of duty".
Last year, Inspector Anokh Singh had hit the headlines after his complaint led to the arrest of Desh Raj for demanding a bribe.
When contacted, DSP (Lines) Suman Kumar said, "I have done what my seniors told me to. Now it is up to the person handling the inquiry."
SSP Naunihal Singh said, "I had received a complaint about a month back and marked it to an inquiry officer. Now the matter is with the officer handling the inquiry."
Inspector Anokh Singh said, "I was issued a show-cause notice. I have replied to it. The rest the seniors have to decide."
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past