Institutes trying to bribe MSBTE panel to face action
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE) has issued a circular warning government and private polytechnics and affiliated technical institutions against trying to bribe visiting academic monitoring committee members.
The warning was issued in the first week of November after the higher and technical education department received complaints that institutions were trying to pay committee members conveyance money.
"The committee looks not only at academic aspects of institutions, but also reports on infrastructural and teaching facilities. After a recent government resolution asked MSBTE to ensure the institutions get their act together, the committee has been conducting checks for the past month," said an official.
Many institutions not adhering to MSBTE norms are allegedly trying to offer monetary benefits to committee members to write positive reports. "The higher and technical education ministry has taken note of complaints of committee members. As MSBTE pays conveyance and other charges to members on visitation, such offerings will be deemed bribes and strict action will be initiated against errant institutions," said P M Khodke, director.