Institutes trying to bribe MSBTE panel to face action
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE) has issued a circular warning government and private polytechnics and affiliated technical institutions against trying to bribe visiting academic monitoring committee members.
The warning was issued in the first week of November after the higher and technical education department received complaints that institutions were trying to pay committee members conveyance money.
"The committee looks not only at academic aspects of institutions, but also reports on infrastructural and teaching facilities. After a recent government resolution asked MSBTE to ensure the institutions get their act together, the committee has been conducting checks for the past month," said an official.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2