Intel to launch 4th generation core processor in India with focus on battery
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Intel Technololgy India Private Limited will launch its 4th generation Intel core processor in the middle of this year in India.
A unique feature of the fourth generation processor would be that it would run on as little as 10W battery and would represent a major leap in battery life.
Sandeep Aurora, Director (Marketing and Market Development) Intel South Asia said here todeay that "The fourth generation core processor will be launched in the middle of the year". He said that the new processor will enable running of applications like facial or gesture recognition on the computers. Also it will also consume less power and compute more.
Aurora who was here today to spread awareness about computers in every household told news persons that "Intel has over 1000 intel technology providers across northern states including Punjab and Haryana and will help in reaching out to consumers with the PC relevance message". He said that Intel will continue to focus on India's PC, smartphone and tablet markets which are growing at a rapid pace. "Growth in PC segment will continue to be in India for next 5-7 years because of less penetration. Smartphone and tablet categories will also grow here," he said.
On spreading awareness about PC, Aurora said in line with the government of India's IT policy to make at least one person in every household digitally literate, Intel India is rolling out a 360 degree campaign to target the first time buyers in the country. The campaign will focus on both PC and tablets as devices that people can use to improve/transform their lives, he added. Aurora said Intel is now working with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to bring a wide range of affordable and premium Intel powered Tablets to cater to the changing consumer preferences, some of whom are first time buyers.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express