Internal fighting, double speak of BJP, RSS exposed: Cong
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RR vs SRH: RR struggle in modest chase against SRH
Congress today took a dig at RSS and BJP over the flip-flops of RSS ideologue S Gurumurthy over giving clean chit to BJP President Nitin Gadkari saying it brings out the "internal fight" in both the organisations and dubbed them as "champion of double speak".
"Their internal fight is going on. Everybody knows that there is infighting both within the BJP and the RSS," party spokesperson Rashid Alvi said when asked about the recent remarks by Gurumurthy over the Gadkari issue.
Gurumurthy, on whose analysis of the Gadkari's Purti Group account the BJP had backed its president, yesterday made a flip flop when he declined to have given him a clean chit but later retracted his remarks.
Reacting to his tweets, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh commented on Twitter: "BJP Lokpal Gurumurthy acquits Gadkari-BJP applauds. He now withdraws his observation-Now says BJP National President should not do business. BJP silent...BJP is a champion of double speak".
As Gurumurthy's remarks created a flutter, he deleted his posts on Twitter a couple of hours later.
Today, he said that he had found "no moral or legal wrongdoing" in Purti Group's funding and alleged that the media is giving the issue a political colour.
In a letter to the BJP President, Gurumurthy emphasised that he has given a clean chit to the beleaguered BJP leader. He said he stood by the views he had expressed at the BJP Core Committee meeting on November 6 after which the party had expressed its full faith in Gadkari.
AICC general secretary B K Hariprasad said that the "conflicting" statements of Gurumurthy in last two days show that the BJP is in a "pathetic" condition.
"This whole episode exposes the real face and ideology of BJP. They have exposed their double standards," be said.
However, both Alvi and Hariprasad evaded questions on whether Gadkari should continue or not as BJP President.
- L-G green light for proposal to make helmets mandatory for women
- Ready for elections: Parties
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post