International day of Holocaust observed in India
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Tributes were paid to those who risked their lives while saving Jews and others in the Nazi sponsored Holocaust during the second World War.
The occasion was International day of commemoration in memory of the Holocaust victims during the second world war under Nazi Germany, which was observed in the national capital.
Speaking on the occasion, the Ambassador of Israel to India, Alon Ushpiz added a personal tone to the commemoration recalling how his family suffered then.
"My mother was 10-year-old when she had to run from pig shed to small safe house, thanks to the Russian army that she is alive. My grandfather saw his father beaten almost dead," the Ambassador recalled.
Kiran Mehra-Kerpelman Director, UN Information Centre for India and Bhutan read out a message from the UN Secretary General Ban ki-Moon paying tribute to those who risked their lives to save jews and others from the Nazi prosecution.
The theme of the commemoration - 'Rescue during Holocaust, the courage to care' paid tributes to those who risked their lives to save jews and others.
- Internal Maoist document targets 12 political leaders
- Forces didn’t follow SoP, says MHA
- ‘Teesta NGOs got foreign donations worth Rs 4 cr’
- Unable to pay to cheat, another student tries to kill himself in UP
- ‘Ignored’ by AAP, Mallika says won’t contest LS elections
- He didn’t want to lose a year, mother had mortgaged ring to arrange ‘bribe’
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express