International Dussehra festival kicks-off at Kullu
- Former Pak PM Gilani visited my house just weeks after 26/11: David Headley
- Brussels attacks: Without baggage, over 220 traumatised Indians return home
- Kejriwal named among world's 50 greatest leaders by Fortune, Modi not on list
- Friends get ‘notification’ on Infosys man missing after blasts in Brussels
- ‘RAW officer’ arrested, says Balochistan Home Minister Mir Sarfaraz Bugti
As the Dussehra celebrations concluded across the country, the week-long international Kullu Dussehra commenced at Kala Kendra, Kullu, yesterday.
Governor Prabha Rau, who inaugurated the week-long festival, said the festival which is a symbol of victory of truth over evil, has not lost its importance with the changing times.
About 200 local deities converge at Kullu to pay obeisance to Lord Raghu Nath Ji, which make the festival rare, she added.
She said the national and international fairs and festivals celebrated in the state reflect the rich cultural heritage.
She said Himachal Pradesh is known as the land of gods and goddesses and the deity culture is unique to the state. She lauded the efforts of the people of the state for maintaining their distinct identity which would go a long way in promoting the tourism.
Earlier, she also inaugurated the exhibition and visited the stalls put up by various government departments and private organisations.
Khimi Ram, Deputy Speaker, Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha, who is also the Chairman of the Kullu Dussehra Festival Committee, welcomed the Governor.
- Europe’s jihad crisis is not a problem of its Muslim communities but the outcome of cultural dislocations
- Impeachment motion against Dilma Rousseff is just one strand of crisis in Brazil
- To become a nation, you don’t need one language or one religion
- Disaster-conscious planning is helping India better prepare for natural calamities
- Telescope: Brussels, after Paris
- Veterans of the Assam Movement now fight polls. But the bitterness and the issues linger on