International Dussehra festival kicks-off at Kullu
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
As the Dussehra celebrations concluded across the country, the week-long international Kullu Dussehra commenced at Kala Kendra, Kullu, yesterday.
Governor Prabha Rau, who inaugurated the week-long festival, said the festival which is a symbol of victory of truth over evil, has not lost its importance with the changing times.
About 200 local deities converge at Kullu to pay obeisance to Lord Raghu Nath Ji, which make the festival rare, she added.
She said the national and international fairs and festivals celebrated in the state reflect the rich cultural heritage.
She said Himachal Pradesh is known as the land of gods and goddesses and the deity culture is unique to the state. She lauded the efforts of the people of the state for maintaining their distinct identity which would go a long way in promoting the tourism.
Earlier, she also inaugurated the exhibition and visited the stalls put up by various government departments and private organisations.
Khimi Ram, Deputy Speaker, Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha, who is also the Chairman of the Kullu Dussehra Festival Committee, welcomed the Governor.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18