International Dussehra festival kicks-off at Kullu
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
As the Dussehra celebrations concluded across the country, the week-long international Kullu Dussehra commenced at Kala Kendra, Kullu, yesterday.
Governor Prabha Rau, who inaugurated the week-long festival, said the festival which is a symbol of victory of truth over evil, has not lost its importance with the changing times.
About 200 local deities converge at Kullu to pay obeisance to Lord Raghu Nath Ji, which make the festival rare, she added.
She said the national and international fairs and festivals celebrated in the state reflect the rich cultural heritage.
She said Himachal Pradesh is known as the land of gods and goddesses and the deity culture is unique to the state. She lauded the efforts of the people of the state for maintaining their distinct identity which would go a long way in promoting the tourism.
Earlier, she also inaugurated the exhibition and visited the stalls put up by various government departments and private organisations.
Khimi Ram, Deputy Speaker, Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha, who is also the Chairman of the Kullu Dussehra Festival Committee, welcomed the Governor.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?