International Dussehra festival kicks-off at Kullu
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy moves Supreme Court for cancellation of arrest warrant
- AAP announces second list of candidates, Rajmohan Gandhi to contest from East Delhi
- Admiral DK Joshi was disturbed, requested me to accept resignation: AK Antony
- Narendra Modi beats Rahul Gandhi in popularity, says US think tank
- Rahul Gandhi slams Salman Khurshid over 'impotent' remark against Narendra Modi
As the Dussehra celebrations concluded across the country, the week-long international Kullu Dussehra commenced at Kala Kendra, Kullu, yesterday.
Governor Prabha Rau, who inaugurated the week-long festival, said the festival which is a symbol of victory of truth over evil, has not lost its importance with the changing times.
About 200 local deities converge at Kullu to pay obeisance to Lord Raghu Nath Ji, which make the festival rare, she added.
She said the national and international fairs and festivals celebrated in the state reflect the rich cultural heritage.
She said Himachal Pradesh is known as the land of gods and goddesses and the deity culture is unique to the state. She lauded the efforts of the people of the state for maintaining their distinct identity which would go a long way in promoting the tourism.
Earlier, she also inaugurated the exhibition and visited the stalls put up by various government departments and private organisations.
Khimi Ram, Deputy Speaker, Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha, who is also the Chairman of the Kullu Dussehra Festival Committee, welcomed the Governor.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight