International Mathematics of Complex Systems in Bangalore
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi breaks silence, says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- JuD chief Hafiz Saeed: Hindus safe in Pakistan unlike Muslims in Gujarat
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage
EADS Corporate Foundation has entered into a partnership agreement with the Centre for Applicable Mathematics of TIFR (TIFR-CAM) and the International Centre for Theoretical Sciences of TIFR (ICTS-TIFR) to create an international teaching and research chair titled Mathematics of Complex Systems.
The objectives of the Chair include developing innovative research involving theoretical and computational work in mathematics.
The agreement signing ceremony will take place at the Centre for Applicable Mathematics here on March one.
TIFR is engaged in research in frontier areas of the basic sciences. TIFR has three centres in Bangalore:Centre for Applicable Mathematics (CAM), National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), and International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS), a release said.
ICTS' aim is to foster excellence in the basic sciences by pursuing research in interdisciplinary areas, through its programmes and interactions.
The objectives of TIFR-CAM are to pursue high quality research in the various areas of applicable mathematics, to pro-actively interact with potential users of mathematics, and to provide education and training at various levels.
The EADS Corporate Foundation aims to develop ties between public and private research and invest in scientific projects of excellence. Since its creation, the EADS Corporate Foundation has supported over 120 scientific and technological research projects and has established 11 teaching and research chairs.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready