International Menís Day celebrated
- Dal crisis: Centre blames states for not acting against hoarders; raids recover 36000 tonnes
- Dalit killings: Khattar orders CBI probe, Opposition targets Centre
- Sena poster shows PM Modi bowing before Bal Thackeray, taken down
- Holy book desecration: BSF deployed in Punjab, protests continue
- North Indians enjoy breaking rules: Kiren Rijiju agrees with former Delhi LG
Nearly 300 volunteers of various men's rights organisations celebrated International Men's Day on Monday by spreading awareness about men-specific illnesses such as prostate cancer.
This year's theme was 'Helping men and boys live longer, happier and healthier lives'. It highlights the World Health Organisation figures showing that every year, 83 per cent of five lakh persons who die in violence are men and boys and a similar proportion of the global burden of disease ó ill-health, disability or early death ó is borne by boys or men.
"We visited Sahyadri Hospital to wish patients and doctors in keeping with this year's theme. Our team of volunteers also went to Magarpatta, Kharadi, Kalyaninagar, Fergusson College Road, Senapati Bapat Road, Hinjewadi, Chinchwad and Dange Chowk to wish men with wrist bands and roses," said Atit Rajapara, president, Men's Rights Association.