Inter-state gang held, wanted in over 100 cases
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Tech-savvy gang destroyed their cellphones after every crime-spree
In a major breakthrough, the Chandigarh police on Wednesday busted a gang of six allegedly involved in crimes in various states. The gang was nabbed by the local police at 2.30 pm from the fields of Makhan Majra village.
After the preliminary investigations, it has been found that the gang — originally from West Bengal and Bihar have been operating in many states and are involved in many crimes.
The mastermind of the gang is Dheeraj aka Rajiv Gawala (27) a resident of West Bengal. Others arrested are Sujit Gawala (38), Rohit Gawala (20), Awinash aka Rahul Gawala (20), Jimmy aka Behra (25) and Munu Gawala aka Pintu (25). All the accused are natives of Jalpai Gurri district in West Bengal except Rohit and Rahul, who are natives of Bihar.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (East), Vijay Kumar said: "Police were tipped-off by a local resident that there were six people planning a theft at the State Bank of India in Daria village."
Police officials were deputed in civil dress near the area and nabbed after confirmation from head constable Sukhdev Singh.
The DSP added that two motorcycles, one live cartridge, three knives, a country made pistol, wooden stick and chilly powder were also recovered from the gang. The registration numbers on the motorcycles were found to be forged.
The gang had been involved in murder, dacoity, thefts, robbery and snatching. Former Station House Officer (SHO) Inspector Malkiat Singh of Police Station, Sector 29 said, "after we got a tip off yesterday, we tired to trace the gang. We also received an information about a team of police officers who were coming from Jagadhari looking for the gang who fled to Chandigarh."
DSP Vijay Kumar also said, "The gang had come to the city with their motorcycles in different trains in groups of three. They had been involved in robberies in Ambala, Karnal, Yamunanagar, Agra, Karnal, Muzzafarpur, Guwahati and other places."
- Modi govt abetted and pushed 2002 riots further, we didnâ€™t in â€™84:Â Rahul
- Rahul gifts his land near Vadraâ€™s in Haryana village to sisterÂ Priyanka
- Indiaâ€™s biggest failing | The Indian Express
- Hrithik Roshan, Hrithik Roshan Bang Bang, Hrithik Roshan starts shooting, Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif, Katrina Kaif bang bang | The Indian Express