Investors’ summit gets bigger
- I expected to do very well but didn't expect to top it: UPSC topper
- Shiv Sena comes to BJP's rescue, says 'move to classify madrasas as non-schools not anti-religious'
- Across the Aisle: ‘Export or perish’. Have we chosen ‘perish’?
- Big Picture - ‘Why did they kill me, ammi?’
- Sunday Story: The Leader and his machine
Uttar Pradesh, which is likely to host a similar summit in January-end, is likely to have only B2B meetings.
With Japan and Canada as Country Partners, and the US-India Business Council, the UK-India Business Council as Organisation Partners, the summit will not only help Modi to expand his 'brand' at international level, but also within the country where the pitch for a bigger role for him on the national political stage is rising.
In the 2011 meet, a total of 8,860 MoUs pledging investment to the tune of Rs 20.83 lakh crore were signed.