IOC plans 15 million tonne refinery in Gujarat
- Rafale deal: India sign agreement with France to acquire 36 fighter jets
- Subrata Roy set to go back to Tihar jail; SC declines to extend parole
- Explained: Restricting Pakistan's access to Indus easier said than done
- MNS-affiliate sets 48-hour deadline for Pakistani artists to leave India
- BJP-BDJS alliance in Kerala on verge of collapse hints leader
Indian Oil Corp, the nation's largest oil firm today said it is planning to build a new 15 million tonne refinery in Gujarat as part of its plans to almost double its refining capacity.
IOC, at present, has seven refineries with a cumulative capacity of 54.2 million tonnes per annum capacity.
"We have a prespective plan to raise this capacity to 100 million tonnes by 2021-22," IOC Director (Refineries) R K Ghosh said here.
The company, which already has a 13.7 million tonnes refinery at Koyali in Gujarat, is planning another 15 million tonness unit in the state due to easy availability of land.
"We have commissioned Engineers India Ltd to do a configuration and location study," he said adding the study is likely to come-in by year-end after which the company will commission a detailed feasibility report (DFR).
The refinery on the west coast is to come up by the 13th Five Year Plan.
He said IOC plans to expand its Koyali refinery to 18 million tonnes while also raising capacity of Mathura refinery to 11 million tonnes from current 8 million tonnes.
Also, Panipat unit is being considered for expansion to 18 or 21 million tonnes from current 15 million tonnes.
Its under construction 15 million tonne Paradip refinery in Orissa would be expanded to 20 million tonnes in future.
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue
- GST is reform long delayed, but there may be good reason not to hurry it through now
- Gau rakshak vs Make in India
- Pope Francis’ message is one that India and Pakistan must hear
- Dengue & chikungunya can be tackled via swift surveillance, sustained controls
- TV channels tossed violent suggestions as casually as a peanut in the mouth