CSI says IOC suspension result of corrupt people coming in IOA
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Clean Sports India, a movement for corruption-free sports in the country, today welcomed the suspension of the IOA by International Olympic Committee, saying that the IOC's decision was prompted by tainted people taking up top posts in the national Olympic body.
CSI Convener B V P Rao said that the IOA was to be blamed for its suspension as it had not acted for long against people who were allegedly involved in corruption.
"It is a historic opportunity for the country to discuss, debate and reform the sporting structures of India. It's time for sportsperson to come and set the house in order," he said.
"CSI is the of the view that IOC essentially made the decision on IOA attitude to encourage known corrupt people to lead Olympic Movement in India. IOC sincerely thought IOA will take some action on Suresh Kalmadi and Lalit Bhanot.
"But instead of taking action, acting president Malhotra led the IOA for last two years to encourage people like Bhanot to contest and get elected as Secretary General. All other reasons for suspension are mere technical," Rao said.
Rao said IOA should amend its constitution to incorporate the age and tenure rules of the government's Sports Code and hold a fresh elections.
"Since almost all federations, except Archery and Boxing, have accepted Sports Code, the sportsperson will get benefits like coaching camps and competition grants from the government," he said.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express