iPhone addiction could wreck your sex life
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri, says communal harmony will take country forward
- Mobile internet services cut in Jammu after recovery of cows' carcasses
- Volkswagen recalls 389 units of Polo model in India
- Air Force plans for women to fight wars: will they fly in the face of conventional non-combat roles?
- After Mumbai, Ghulam Ali's concert in Pune cancelled following Shiv Sena protest
If you prefer to spend your evenings on Twitter and Facebook rather than talking to your spouse, then you may well have infomania - an unhealthy addiction to your smartphone.
Experts warn that it could have serious consequences for your relationship, if you are distracted at bedtime that sex is off the agenda.
Infomania - information overload, caused by the continuous interruptions from and urge to check our smartphones - has become a huge problem which, if left unchecked, can ruin relationships and cause people to become divorced from the real world, the Daily Mail reported.
Chartered psychologist Thomas Stewart said that while smartphones are brilliant for connecting us with other people, when used to excess they can cause real issues within personal relationships.
"If you're engrossed in a smart-phone, you're not paying attention to your partner," he said.
"Apart from being rude, when someone prioritises their phone in this way it can lead to their partner feeling neglected and resentful - especially if the person is glued to social media such as Twitter or Facebook and, therefore, communicating trivia to followers they barely know," he added.