IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils aim to improve current position
After notching up a morale-boosting victory against the Pune Warriors, Delhi Daredevils will aim to improve their current position when they face defending champions Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL 2013 match here tomorrow.
Just like the previous match between the Daredevils and the Warriors, this encounter will also be a battle of survival for both the teams -- especially KKR, whose slide during this edition has been pretty sharp.
While Daredevils have lost seven out of their nine games, KKR are not too far behind having lost six games out of nine. While the Knights would try desperately to bring their lackadaisical campaign back on track, the Daredevils can afford to play with a free mind as they have already lost enough and have nothing more to lose.
When David Warner said that "every game from now on is a semi-final", he knew how tough it would be to win seven out of seven games in order to remain in contention for a knock-out stage berth.
However, the positive aspect for Daredevils will be the manner in which they won their encounter against the Warriors the other day.
It looked like a lost cause during the first 10 overs of the visiting team's chase and it was their first come-from-behind win this season.
The Daredevils have failed to finish off some close matches this season and their effort against the Warriors was certainly laudable considering the situation they are in at the moment.
The one thing that has been ailing both the teams is the performance of their Indian players which has definitely played a big role in their poor show in the million dollar league so far.
While there is no denying that Delhi don't have quality domestic talent to win matches if their foreign recruits don't perform, KKR also have been let down by the likes of Yusuf Pathan, Manoj Tiwary, who are known for their explosive batting.
- Candidates steering towards auto unions to rev up support
- ‘Will send builders of illegal structures to jail’
- To root out corruption, vote for change and give the new face a chance, says Bains
- Green campaign: Phoolka to ride cycle, Bittu talks of birds
- SUV driver hits car, tries to run over inspector at naka; cases registered
- Parties cash in on Sunday mood, star appeal for votes
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death