IPL 2013: Dilip Vengsarkar requests BCCI for an 'additional final' in Mumbai
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Former captain Dilip Vengsarkar has written to the BCCI, requesting them to slot an "additional final" of the Indian Premier League (IPL) in the city to raise help funds for the drought-hit people of Maharashtra.
"The BCCI, in the past, has always come forward and helped in such matters. I earnestly request you to arrange for an additional final of the T20 league on May 28 to be played either at the Wankhede or DY Patil Stadium after the final at Kolkata on 26th gets over to raise funds," Vengsarkar wrote in the letter addressed to board president N Srinivasan.
"It will go a long way if substantial amount is raised from the match for this worthy cause," wrote Vengsarkar to Srinivasan.
"I am writing this letter in my personal capacity as a former captain of Mumbai & India. There is a severe drought in most parts of Maharashtra & as a result a lot of people are suffering who need urgent financial help," he added.
Copies of the letter were also addressed to Rajeev Shukla
(IPL chairman), Sanjay Jagdale (secretary) and Anurag Thakur
The final of the cash-rich T20 league is slated to held at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata on May 26.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties