IPL 2013: Rajasthan Royals keep the fortress intact
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Shane Watson butchered Chennai Super Kings bowlers in a sensational batting display as Rajasthan Royals scored a comprehensive five wicket victory in their Pepsi IPL match here today.
Chasing 142 for a win, Rajasthan lost three wickets -- Ajinkya Rahane (9), James Faulkner (1) and Sanju Samson (0) --inside five overs before Watson played a blistering knock of 70 from just 34 balls with the help of six fours and as many sixes to end the match in dramatic fashion with 17 balls to spare.
Stuart Binny, who chipped in with a 23-ball unbeaten 41, ended the match in style with a six off Ravindra Jadeja as Rajasthan reached 144 for five in 17.1 overs.
The breathtaking batting display by Watson and Binny, who shared 93 runs in 7.3 overs for the fifth wicket left the home fans at the Sawai Mansingh stadium spellbound. The home side scored an amazing 95 runs in 7.1 overs.
With the win, their 10th in 14 matches, Rajasthan jumped to second spot on 20 points. Chennai remained on top of table on 20 points from 14 matches. They are above Rajasthan on net run rate.
Rajasthan also kept intact their unbeaten record at home this season. They ended their home matches today with an all-win record, the first team to do so this season.
At the halfway stage, Chennai were 49 for four, needing 93 from the next 10 overs, but Watson and Binny turned the match on its head with a breathtaking partnership.
The duo took 23 runs off R Ashwin in the 11th over and that set the tone for the sensational show of stroke-making.
It later turned out to be a carnage of Chennai bowlers as Watson rained fours and sixes with Binny also chipping in.
Watson and Binny added 81 runs in the five overs after 10th with the former contributing 51, hitting four fours and five sixes during this period.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress