IPL 2013: Rain clouds hover over Dharamsala tie
An unprecedented rain that lashed the hill town and its surroundings might have left the organisers of the IPL worried with matches scheduled on May 16 and 18 but the ground-in-charge expressed confidence of getting the field ready even an hour after the rain stoppage.
However, the ground in charge at the HPCA Cricket Stadium said that the field is totally covered and even if the rains continue till the last moment, the groudsmen could start the match within an hour of its stoppage.
The met department has predicted that the weather will improve after Tuesday and it is likely be a sunny on 16th (Thursday) and 18th (Saturday).
The stadium is the "home ground" of Kings XI Punjab, who will take on Delhi Daredevils on Thursday at 8 pm, while face Mumbai Indians on Saturday at 4 pm.
This is the first time the Mumbai Indians will be visiting Dharamsala and with Sachin Tendulkar in their ranks, all the tickets of match are already being sold out.
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Modi’s past
- Autorickshaws in Bangalore to get GPS makeover