IPL 2013: Rajasthan Royals register comprehensive win at home
- Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh, 20 jawans feared dead
- Election Live: Rahul Gandhi addresses rally on Narendra Modi's turf
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Rajasthan Royals chased down Delhi Daredevils' total with utmost ease, and registered a nine-wicket win to move to the second position in the points table of the IPL 2013 in Jaipur today.
There was no fuss despite a slow start as Rahul Dravid and Ajinkya Rahane laid a solid platform with a 108-run stand. The duo didn't hit any six, and were happy to rotate the strike in the middle. Dravid departed after scoring his fourth fifty of the tournament, but did all the hard work.
Delhi did get some momentum towards the end of their batting with Ben Rohrer's fifty, but this is turning out to be the tournament where nothing is going their way. The visitors were tight with the ball and didn't give much scoring options. Credit must go to Rajasthan's openers, as the duo didn't panic and maintained their unbeaten run at home.
The way they operated proved that T20 is not all about big hits. There is a lot of scope for classical players to excel, and what example better than Dravid.
The right-hander didn't play a rash shot, kept the scoreboard ticking, and played some brilliant cover drives to give the total a risk-free push. Rahane, too, matched his skipper in the approach as the duo made life difficult for the Delhi bowlers, who were not able to sneak a wicket.
In the end, the opening stand did most of the damage, and Shane Watson played scored a quick-fire 28 (not out) to help his side home with 13 balls to spare.
Things have gone from bad to worse for the struggling Delhi unit. Despite giving their team a toss with six changes, results didn't change one bit. It was another top order failure, lack of spin in the middle, and dipping shoulders.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express