IPL 6: Darren Lehmann to coach Kings XI Punjab
- Hyderabad: Body of Dalit student, who committed suicide, sent for autopsy amid protests
- 'Dawood of Tamil Nadu' says ready to return from Dubai for 'fair trial'
- Ink attack on Kejriwal sparks war of words, AAP calls it a BJP conspiracy
- 'Widespread' match-fixing allegations hit tennis, Grand Slam winners involved
- In fact: Why Nawaz won’t buck the Pak army on Pathankot
Former Australian cricketer Darren Lehmann was today named as the new coach of Kings XI Punjab for the sixth edition of the Indian Premier League.
Lehmann was the coach of the Hyderabad-based Deccan Chargers which was terminated by the BCCI for breach of contract last season.
The new Hyderabad franchise, the Sunrisers, did not offer Lehmann a new coaching contract and appointed former Australian all-rounder Tom Moody in his place.
"We are extremely happy to have Darren Lehmann on-board as the coach of our team. Darren brings with him rich experience and immense knowledge about the game and the T20 format through his stints with IPL and other leagues," promoters of Kings XI Punjab said in a statement.
"We firmly believe that he will be a great mentor to our team and will take us to new heights. We wish him all the best for his endeavours," it added.
Lehmann said he is 'honoured' to get a chance to coach Kings XI Punjab in this year's IPL.
"I am extremely honoured. The franchise has always excited me and I look forward to working with the owners, players, support staff and fans. I'm geared up for the challenges it brings and will always encourage our team to be an entertaining and aggressive brand that people love to watch and associate with.
- Reduction in interest burden could prevent more companies heading towards bankruptcy
- Two decades after Bathani massacre, the families of victims wait for justice
- A harvest-time gift: New crop insurance scheme is welcome
- After playing odds and evens, the challenge is sustainable improvement
- Make education creative, encourage risk-taking and expand the idea of success
- Across the Aisle: To talk or not to talk with Pakistan