IPL: MCA refuses to relent on Shah Rukh Khan ban
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
The Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) has stuck to its stand, insisting it will go by the decision to ban Kolkata Knight Riders owner Shah Rukh Khan from the Wankhede Stadium.
MCA president Ravi Savant said that their stand towards the Bollywood actor remained the same and Khan would not be allowed in the Wankhede Stadium during this season of IPL 6, scheduled to start next week.
"The MCA stand remains the same. The managing committee had taken a decision of imposing a five-year ban on him (Khan) last year, and it will continue this season too," MCA president Savant told The Indian Express.
On Saturday evening, office-bearers of the MCA had met with the officials from the Mumbai Indians and the IPL. Apparently, MCA's contract with the Mumbai Indians contains a clause which bars the entry of the Bollywood actor within the stadium. It is learnt that MCA do not want to revisit their agreement with the home franchise.
"I don't want to talk much on the issue again. MCA has taken their stand and we will follow," Savant added. IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla had earlier attempted to broker a resolution between the MCA and the actor.
Mumbai will be playing Kolkata Knight Riders on May 7 and in the hope of resolving the situation earlier, it is believed that the IPL chairman will discuss the issue with MCA president Savant in the coming days. The IPL chief had stated that by virtue of being a team owner, Shah Rukh Khan should be allowed inside the stadium.