IPL spot-fixing: Ankeet Chavan breaks down, confesses, says report
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Arrested Rajasthan Royals' spinner Ankeet Chavan has reportedly confessed to spot-fixing in the ongoing edition of the Indian Premier League today.
The spinner, when told that his career is almost finished, broke down in police custody. He confessed that he was reluctant earlier, but was lured after repeated inducements.
Earlier, plunging the Indian Premier League into crisis, the Delhi Police arrested three bowlers of the Rajasthan Royals, including India pacer S Sreesanth, and 11 bookies and claimed they had busted a major spot-fixing racket in the T20 tournament. Police claimed the bowlers conceded a minimum number of runs in a pre-decided over in exchange for money.
More to follow..