IPL spot-fixing: Ankeet Chavan breaks down, confesses, says report
- Elections 2014 Live: Elections 2014 Live: Uma promises separate Bundelkhand, Meira fails to vote in Delhi
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
Arrested Rajasthan Royals' spinner Ankeet Chavan has reportedly confessed to spot-fixing in the ongoing edition of the Indian Premier League today.
The spinner, when told that his career is almost finished, broke down in police custody. He confessed that he was reluctant earlier, but was lured after repeated inducements.
Earlier, plunging the Indian Premier League into crisis, the Delhi Police arrested three bowlers of the Rajasthan Royals, including India pacer S Sreesanth, and 11 bookies and claimed they had busted a major spot-fixing racket in the T20 tournament. Police claimed the bowlers conceded a minimum number of runs in a pre-decided over in exchange for money.
More to follow..
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi