IPL spot-fixing: Ankeet Chavan breaks down, confesses, says report
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Arrested Rajasthan Royals' spinner Ankeet Chavan has reportedly confessed to spot-fixing in the ongoing edition of the Indian Premier League today.
The spinner, when told that his career is almost finished, broke down in police custody. He confessed that he was reluctant earlier, but was lured after repeated inducements.
Earlier, plunging the Indian Premier League into crisis, the Delhi Police arrested three bowlers of the Rajasthan Royals, including India pacer S Sreesanth, and 11 bookies and claimed they had busted a major spot-fixing racket in the T20 tournament. Police claimed the bowlers conceded a minimum number of runs in a pre-decided over in exchange for money.
More to follow..