IPL 6: Darren Lehmann to coach Kings XI Punjab
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK win toss, elect to bat first
Former Australian cricketer Darren Lehmann was today named as the new coach of Kings XI Punjab for the sixth edition of the Indian Premier League.
Lehmann was the coach of the Hyderabad-based Deccan Chargers which was terminated by the BCCI for breach of contract last season.
The new Hyderabad franchise, the Sunrisers, did not offer Lehmann a new coaching contract and appointed former Australian all-rounder Tom Moody in his place.
"We are extremely happy to have Darren Lehmann on-board as the coach of our team. Darren brings with him rich experience and immense knowledge about the game and the T20 format through his stints with IPL and other leagues," promoters of Kings XI Punjab said in a statement.
"We firmly believe that he will be a great mentor to our team and will take us to new heights. We wish him all the best for his endeavours," it added.
Lehmann said he is 'honoured' to get a chance to coach Kings XI Punjab in this year's IPL.
"I am extremely honoured. The franchise has always excited me and I look forward to working with the owners, players, support staff and fans. I'm geared up for the challenges it brings and will always encourage our team to be an entertaining and aggressive brand that people love to watch and associate with.
"I'm also looking forward to working with Adam Gilchrist again and help all the players grow on and off the field. I would once again like to thank the owners for giving me this opportunity," said Lehmann.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota