IPS officer under CBI lens in CMO murder case
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Probe Dismissed constable close to MP is now a suspect
Some officials of the Lucknow police and its special task force are under the CBI scanner for helping suspects in the murder of former Chief Medical Officer Dr V K Arya by misleading the investigation before the case was handed over to the CBI, and later for concealing facts from the agency.
They include a senior IPS officer who allegedly concealed an important piece of evidence regarding former Lucknow CMO Dr AK Shukla and Deputy CMO Dr Y S Sachan, both accused in the murders of Dr Arya, sources said. Dr Sachan was also an accused in the murder of Dr Arya's successor CMO Dr B P Singh.
Besides, a dismissed constable of Lucknow police has emerged as a key suspect in Dr Arya's murder case. He is closely associated with a Member of Parliament who reportedly used his influence in misleading the investigation when it was being done by Lucknow police and the STF, sources said.
Dr Arya was shot dead by motorcycle riders during his morning walk near his Vikas Nagar residence on October 27, 2010. In December the same year, the Lucknow police claimed they had worked out the case and arrested some men. But on April 2, Dr BP Singh was shot dead in the same fashion while taking a morning walk near his residence in Gomti Nagar.
Later, the police had to give a clean chit to all the persons it had arrested in Dr Arya's murder case. Instead, Dr Sachan, Anand Prakash Tiwari, Vinod Sharma and RK Verma were arrested in June 2011 and booked for both murders.
Sources said that an inspector engaged in the investigation of the murder cases visited Dr Sachan in Lucknow jail to collect information. Dr Sachan handed him a letter addressed to Dr AK Shukla, requesting for help in getting him out of jail or else he would divulge the facts related to the murder of the CMOs, it is learnt.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress